Rick Axtell, Ph. D.
Professor of Religion and College Chaplain
Nina Banks, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Economics, affiliate faculty member in Women and Gender Studies and Africana Studies
Jay Barth, Ph. D. (Chair)
ME & Ima Graves Peace Distinguished Professor
Department of Politics and International Relations
Harlan Beckley, Ph. D. (Ex. Officio)
Executive Director, SHECP
Kevin Blair, Ph. D.
Professor of Social Work
Lauren Bowen, Ph. D
Bridgeway Capital Management, Inc.
James Calvin Davis, Ph. D.
Professor of Religion and Academic Director of Poverty and Privilege
Brian Doyle, Ph. D.
Director of the Center for Ethical Concerns and
Associate Professor of Theology and Religious Studies
Margaret Finucane, Ph. D. (Immediate Past-Chair & Vice-Chair)
Tim Russert Department of Communication & Theatre Arts
John Carroll University
David Gandolfo, Ph. D.
Associate Professor of Philosophy
Director of Service-Learning, Bunting Center for Engaged Study and Community Action
LTC Meagan Herald
Associate Professor of Applied Mathematics
Virginia Military Institute
Alan Hull, MD
Professor of Medicine
Associate Dean for Curricular Affairs
Jones Day Endowed Chair in Medical Education
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine
Andrew Kumpuris, MD
Little Rock, Arkansas
Associate Dean for Research and Community Engagement
Professor of Sociology, College of Social Sciences and Communication
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
Carolyn Newton, Ph. D.
The College of Wooster
Rebecca Todd Peters, Ph. D. (Governing Board)
Professor, Religious Studies
Howard Pickett, Ph. D. (Governing Board)
Assistant Professor, Director of the Shepherd Program for the Interdisciplinary Study of Poverty and Human Capability, and Adjunct Professor of Law
Washington & Lee University
Stephanie R. Rolph, PhD
Assistant Professor, Department of History
Stephen J. Scanlan, PhD
Associate Professor, Sociology
Ashley Thompson, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Sociology
Katrina Rivers Thompson, Ph. D.
Chairperson and Professor of Child
and Family Studies, Berea College
Alan Tinkler, Ph. D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Education,
University of Vermont
Jennifer Warlick, Ph. D.
Director, Poverty Studies
Interdisciplinary Minor and Associate
Professor of Economics
University of Notre Dame
Diana R. Garland School of Social Work
Governing Board Members – Elected by the SHECP Council
- Ex-Officio: Chair, Vice-Chair, & Past-Chair.
- Louwanda Evans, Ph. D., Associate Professor of Sociology, Millsaps College, email@example.com
- Connie Snyder Mick, Ph. D., Associate Director for Community-Based Learning, Center for Social Concerns; Co-director, Poverty Studies Interdisciplinary Minor; University of Notre Dame, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rosemary Townsend Governing Board and Treasurer email@example.com
- Larry Connolly, President, Connolly Family Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Peters and Pickett, Council members, as noted above:
- Ex-Officio, Non-voting: Executive Director
as of 28 November 2016