Pathways, a not-for-profit, faith-based community organization in Petersburg, Virginia, is seeking a full-time Chief Executive Officer to build and strengthen the organization’s 20 years of partnership with residents of Petersburg and the greater Richmond area.
Organization Description and Key Responsibilities
Pathways is governed by a 10-member board of directors, has a staff of 30, and a $2+M budget with major work in youth and leadership development, education and workforce development, offender re-entry programs, health and wellness, veteran housing, and community based research.
Key areas of responsibility include strategic direction; fund development; external relations; internal leadership; financial, program, and facility oversight; and board development and relations.
Experience and Attributes
Ideal candidates for this position will have a passion for working with all people to overcome barriers and reach their full potential. Desired experiences/attributes include:
• Self-starting, creative, proactive leader
• Successful resource and revenue growth and development
• History of leading a regional effort with a grass roots constituency
• High degree of financial literacy and successful track record of managing government grants
• History of building and growing strong staff and governance teams including commitment to asset-based management and staff wellness
• Experience in building strong relationships with and between constituents
• Track record of successful marketing and communications technology including social media
• Commitment to living by shared values and a high degree of personal and organizational integrity that appreciates and celebrates diversity
• Ten years of experience as a senior leader and manager and at minimum a Master’s Degree (or comparable combination of experience and credentials)
• Ability to initiate, develop, and lead high level strategic partnerships with faith communities, government, universities, hospitals, and other institutions
• History of community based participatory research
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Pathways is an equal opportunity employer. This is a full-time salaried position with flexible hours and excellent benefits. Submit resume, compensation requirements, and cover letter to Search Committee at [email protected] Your subject line should read “CEO.” All attachments should be formatted as .doc, .docx or .pdf files. No phone or email inquiries please.
For more information please visit our website at www.pathways-va.org.